Well-proven industrial Standard
The CompactPCI® standard has proven itself in industry over many years. Its robustness and individual configuration options have contributed to its success. This is made possible by the defined standards of the user organization PICMG® and the flexible choice of manufacturers for the individual components.
Current Technology: CompactPCI Serial
The CompactPCI Serial standard integrates the latest PCI Express®, SATA, USB and Ethernet technologies into the backplane. CompactPCI Classic and CompactPCI Serial can be connected via the CompactPCI PlusIO standard. This enables the migration of the technologies.
CompactPCI has many Advantages
- Robust base design (IEEE 1101 / 19" systems)
- Wide product range
- Manufacturer independent due to universal standards
- Wide operating system support
- Full support for many versions of QNX® and VxWorks® operating systems - BSPs available
- Scalable from small units up to large systems
- Up-to-date bus technologies
esd electronics is a member of the Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group (PCI-SIG™).
Comparison of current Standards
Our Products and Services
- Support of CompactPCI Classic, PlusIO and Serial
- Peripheral cards for fieldbus systems such as CAN, EtherCAT®, PROFINET® and PROFIBUS®
- Analog and digital IO peripheral cards
- Powerful CPU cards
- Broad operating system support (e.g. Windows®, Linux®, QNX® and VxWorks®)
- Complete system configuration and application design
- Rapid custom development