Add EtherCAT Slave (ECS) functionality to your PMC equipped base board
The EtherCAT Slave Controller address space is directly mapped to the PCI Express® address space.
- Easy configuration with the esd EtherCAT Master or other EtherCAT Masters
- Example of an EtherCAT Slave Information File (ESI file in XML format) included
- esd EtherCAT Slave API library and sample code for a quick start into application development are included in delivery
- The FPGA contains Bus Master DMA Support to offload the CPU from copying the output process image data into the host memory. This is utilized by the esd EtherCAT Slave Stack.
The ECS-PMC/FPGA is an EtherCAT Slave Controller board in a IEEE 1386.1 (PMC) form factor. It utilizes a Beckhoff IP core which is implemented in an Altera® FPGA and configured for 8 FMMUs, 8 Sync Managers, 60 kB DPRAM and 64 bit Distributed Clocks.
Other configurations are available on request.
The FPGA connects between the PCI Express bus on the PMC P11 and P12 connector and the two Ethernet interfaces on the front panel.
The additional EtherCAT signals Sync and Latch are available on the PMC I/O connector P14.
Because of this simple hardware topology and the use of a “soft” controller the design offers a maximum of flexibility.
The PMC system can act as an I/O node. An EtherCAT master can use several EtherCAT protocols like CoE, FoE and EoE to communicate with this EtherCAT slave device.
Via connector PMC-P14 equipped on the ECS-PMC/FPGA 16 3.3 V LVTTL I/Os are available, including the signals from the EtherCAT Slave Controller: 2x Sync and 2x Latch.
Device drivers for Windows® and Linux® with documentation as well as esd EtherCAT Slave API library and sample code are included. Drivers for further operating systems, especially for real-time operating systems are available on request.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact our sales team.
PMC board with EtherCAT slave IP-Core in Altera FPGA. incl. driver, slave stack binary and documentation for Windows and Linux on CD
- Bus-Mastering (DMA-Support)
- EtherCAT Slave capable
- EtherCAT Slave
- Digital Output
- Digital Input
- Windows 7/8/10/11