- Application examples: SIEMENS SIMATIC-S7 to CAN layer 2 or CANopen®
- DP-slave with a total maximum of 300 bytes data (partitioning from 244 bytes input and 56 bytes output to 244 bytes output and 56 bytes input)
The module CAN-DP can link any Profibus-DP master to a CAN network. The DP/CAN gateway operates as a slave-I/O component with a total of maximum 300 bytes data (up to 244 bytes input and 56 bytes output or up to 244 bytes output and 56 bytes input data) on the DP-bus.
With the CAN gateway you can couple CAN modules with CANopen or layer-2 implementation to e.g. a SIMATIC-S7.
The number of CAN participants is not limited by the module.
The ISO 11898-compatible CAN interface allows a maximum data-transfer rate of 1 Mbit/s. The Profibus-DP-Slave interface automatically recognizes all usual bit rates
up to 12 Mbit/s. The DP as well as the CAN interface are electrically isolated.
CPU PPC405, 133MHz, DRAM, Flash
- 1x CAN controller SJA1000
- CAN physial layer according ISO-11898
with optical isolation up to 1 MBit/s,
- DP physical layer: RS-485
with optical isolation
up to 12 MBit/s
- hat rail mounted device
- manual and GSD file on CD-ROM
- galvanically isolated
- CAN-Layer 2