Signal Based VIs
CAN data (and parts thereof) is referenced via name (signal) and/or CAN-ID
Clear structure even of complex applications
Current values are easily accessible in LabVIEW
Easy CAN bus configuration by project file
Object mode available not only for 11 bit but for 29 bit CAN-IDs as well
Same structure as esd`s cross-platform NTCAN-API
Full functional range of the NTCAN-API
Especially suited for challenging projects
Problem specific Approach (Signal Based VIs versus NTCAN VIs)
The "Signal Based VIs" provide a project file based signal approach, probably most suitable for all LabVIEW users.
The "NTCAN VIs" offer direct access to the entire NTCAN library, tailored for the experienced user with programming knowledge, who wants to have control over every detail.
Example Solution of a Programming Task
In this example the current 4 bytes wide counter i has to be transmitted at CAN ID 42 (29 bit) with every loop run. Both programming solutions will lead to the same result:
- In the Signal based solution the configuration of the CAN net is stored in the project file and the CAN ID 42 (29 bit) is named LoopCounter. The project file is assigned to "Can Project Open". In the While loop the current counter i is updated by "Can Signal Update" in the object directory and is transmitted via "Can Signal Trigger".
- In the NTCAN solution the CAN net is configured by "NTCAN OPEN" initially. Within the While loop at first the cmsg cluster is prepared and than the current counter i is inserted. Following the cmsg cluster is assigned as an array to "NTCAN SEND" and transmitted.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Host PC which complies with the hardware requirements for the NI LabVIEW version 2013 or higher
- 25 MB free HD drive space
- esd CAN hardware supported by Windows
- Windows with installed NI LabVIEW version 2013 or higher
- esd CAN driver for Windows 2.5.x or later
NTCAN Part 1: Structure, Function and C/C++ Application Developers Manual (EN) 4 MB
NTCAN Part 2: Installation, Configuration and Firmware Update Installation Guide (EN) 7 MB
CAN-SDK for Windows CAN-SDK with CAN Tools for Windows (7.0.0) 26 MB
Release Notes CAN SDK for Windows Release Notes 208 KB
With the help of the button "Add to watchlist" you can save articles on your watchlist.
Afterwards, you can request your saved watch list as a quotation via a contact form.