- Integration of two EtherCAT slave devices
- Process data exchange between two EtherCAT networks
- Time synchronization (DC) between the EtherCAT Masters
- Supports DC with redundancy
- Ethernet physics according to IEEE 802.3
- Configuration via CoE
- Firmware update via FoE
- EoE support (switch port)
- Configuration via typical network configuration tools (e.g. esd Workbench, TwinCAT®)
- Up to 1024 bytes in each direction
- Layout selectable via variables, e.g. 'UDINT'.
The ECX-EC EtherCAT® Slave Bridge is used to couple two EtherCAT segments. For this purpose the bridge implements two complete EtherCAT slave interfaces via which it is integrated into the two segments.
The ECX-EC enables the process data exchange between two EtherCAT segments.
For time synchronization (DC) between the EtherCAT masters it provides the exact time difference between both slave timestamps as CoE object, which allows one master to adjust the time to the other master.
For time synchronization in redundancy case the ECX-EC Bridge is used as first and last slave at the same time, which also allows the master to keep the slaves in both segments synchronized.
Furthermore, the ECX-EC has an Ethernet interface that can be used as an Ethernet over EtherCAT (EoE) "switch port".
The module is a compact DIN rail module for DIN-EN mounting rail installation (TS 35).
The 24 V power supply can be provided via a plug with spring-cage connection or optionally via the InRailBus plug (TBUS plug), integrated in the mounting rail.
The configuration is done via typical EtherCAT configuration tools. (e.g. esd EtherCAT Workbench, TwinCAT®, etc.).
Module for cummunication between 2 independent EtherCAT networks with slave in- and out-port per network, as well as an Ethernet interface for Ethernet over Ethernet (EoE). The housing can be mounted on a DIN rail. Manual, ESI file and EtherCAT Workbench (test version) are included.
- galvanically isolated
- EtherCAT Slave