CAN FD Product Range
esd electronics has once more extended its CAN FD Product Line 402
Wide Range of CAN FD Interface Products
CompactPCI® serial board with 4x CAN FD interface: CPCIserial-CAN/402-4-FD
CompactPCI® board with 4x CAN FD interface: CPCI-CAN/402-4-FD
XMC mezzanine card with 4x CAN FD interface: XMC-CAN/402-4-FD
PMC mezzanine card with 4x CAN FD interface: PMC-CAN/402-4-FD
PCI Express® card with 2x CAN FD interface: CAN-PCIe/402-FD
PCI card with 2x CAN FD interface: CAN-PCI/402-2-FD
PCI Express Mini card with 2x CAN FD interface: CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD
USB module with 2x CAN FD interface: CAN-USB/400-FD
All CAN FD Interfaces equipped with esd Advanced CAN Core esdACC
Bus Mastering and MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) Support
Powerful Control with CAN FD
Due to its high data security the CAN bus is well-established even in applications beyond the automotive industry and is used in the industrial automation and in safety-related areas for a long time. The further development to CAN FD (Flexible Data Rate) and the standardization (ISO 11898-1:2015) clear the way for powerful CAN FD applications with data rates up to 10 Mbit/s and a payload (data field) of 64 byte. CAN FD is an option in particular in areas, where the performance of complete machine units shall be improved with minimal effort: An up to 8-fold higher data throughput can be achieved without the need to modify wiring or infrastructure.
For further information also read the technical report: "CAN FD - Maschinen und Anlagen einfach migrieren" (in German only).
CAN FD Products in various Form Factors
With the new boards, the CPCIserial-CAN/402-4-FD, the mezzanine boards XMC-CAN/402-4-FD and PMC-CAN/402-4-FD, the CAN-PCIe/402-FD and the CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD as well as the module CAN-USB/400-FD, interfaces for various form factors are available. Due to the high data security the CAN-Bus increasingly becomes an established standard beyond automotive applications. CAN FD allows velocities of up to 10 Mbit/s as well as data transmission rates of up to 64 Byte.
- The new board CPCIserial-CAN/402-4-FD (according PICMG 2.0 CompactPCI) has four high-speed CAN FD interfaces conforming to ISO 11898-2. All of the interfaces are accessible at the front panel via a 25-pole DSUB plug.
- Likewise, the mezzanine boards XMC-CAN/402-4-FD and PMC-CAN/402-4-FD are equipped with four CAN FD ports. They are able to send CAN frames back-to-back and can handle full bus load.
- The interface board CAN-PCIe/402-FD comes in various versions. It is available either as PCIe or PCI and provides one or two CAN FD interfaces. Furthermore esd electronics offers a low profile version and an option without electrical isolation. The independently operating CAN FD networks are according to ISO 11898-1:2015.
- The extremely compact size of the CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD is ideal for use of CAN FD interfaces in MiniPCs, hat rail mounted PCs and embedded systems. This card is an Add-In PCI Express Full-Mini-board and provides two CAN FD interfaces.
- For notebooks and laptops there is an external component available, the CAN-USB/400-FD, which offers two CAN FD interfaces via USB.
All esd electronics CAN FD interface boards are controlled by the high performance esd Advanced CAN Core, esdACC, implemented in an Altera®-FPGA. With the esdACC the boards support Bus Mastering. Write cycles in the direction of the host memory can be realized, regardless of the CPU or the system's DMA controller. This reduces the host load and overall latency.
The boards support MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) and are equipped with a switchable internal CAN termination. Using MSIs make these boards perfect for hypervisor environments.
The CAN messages are linked to a high resolution 64-Bit hardware timestamp.